What better way to make use of fall’s favorite foods then to make them in new and delicious ways? Here is a brownie recipe with a healthy twist, and a great way to incorporate those garden fresh sweet potatoes into a snack your whole family will enjoy! Plus, this recipe makes use of honey instead of sugar for sweetness. Pair with a tall glass of cold milk and you have the perfect sweet fall treat.
1 organic sweet potato
3 eggs, whisked
1/4 cup Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
1/3 cup raw organic honey
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1) Bake the sweet potato. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and then use a fork to poke holes all around the sweet potato’s skin. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
2) Make sure the sweet potato is soft and completely cooked. Peel off the skin and mash the insides in a bowl. Turn the oven to 350 degrees.
3) Add the wet ingredients to the mashed sweet potato. (Coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and eggs.) Mix it all together until incorporated.
4) Add dry ingredients. (Coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chocolate chips). Mix well.
6) Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish.
7) Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool.
*Recipe from Juli Bauer at Again Faster, www.againfaster.com/en/blog/2012/10/05/sweet-potato-brownies/
*Brownie image from Flickr.com: Attribution License, some rights reserved by Khairil Zhafri
*Sweet potato image from Flickr.com: Attribution License, some rights reserved by Connoisseur 4 The Cure