There’s nothing better than a delicious dip and something crunchy to pair it with. Find an organic, all natural cracker; crisp, fresh vegetables; or even pita chips to pair with one of these easy dips, and watch your guests or family members dig right in! There’s even a recipe for homemade crackers that may have you swearing off store-bought boxes forever…
8 ounces of organic cream cheese
½ lb fresh crab meat
¼ cup organic minced onion
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons cocktail sauce
Fresh dill (to taste)
Mix the ingredients well. If you’d like, add some sliced almonds on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
1 (6.5 ounce) jar organic marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
4 ounces of organic cream cheese
1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove organic garlic, chopped
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Mix the ingredients well. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until light brown on top.
Mediterranean Party Dip
1¼ cups Swanson Certified Organic Chicken Broth
3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup soft goat cheese
3 cloves organic garlic, minced
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon organic honey
1 jar (4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and minced
1 organic pomegranate, cut in half and seeds removed for garnish
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
An assortment of crackers
Heat broth in 2-quart saucepan over high heat to boil. Place stuffing in large serving bowl. Pour broth over stuffing and stir lightly. Stir in mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, paprika, honey and peppers. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and chives. Serve at room temperature with crackers for dipping.
Homemade Honey Whole Wheat Herb de Provence Crackers
Written by Kimberley Stakal
1 ¼ cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped mixed unsalted nuts
1 cup coarsely chopped dried figs
1 teaspoon dried Herb de Provence (may substitute dried rosemary), rubbed
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 organic eggs
1/3 cup organic honey, warmed gently until thin and very mixable
Organic Olive oil, as needed
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a bread loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, nuts, figs, herbs and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Combine eggs and honey in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Pour into flour mixture; mix well. Batter will be very thick; mix with hands to knead a few times, until mixture holds.
3. Press batter firmly into prepared loaf pan; use hands to press into all corners. Smooth out edges and top of batter.
4. Bake until just firm to the touch, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
5. Remove loaf gently from pan onto a cutting board. Using a long serrated knife, cut loaf into thin slices about 1/8-inch thick (if too crumbly, slice ¼-inch thick). Cut each slice into 3 pieces to make small squares.
6. Arrange cut squares evenly on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush gently with olive oil.
7. Bake 5 minutes. Turn squares over, brush with olive oil, and bake an additional 5 minutes. Crackers should be golden but not dark in color.
8. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Store in a closed container until gone or no longer yummy.
All dip recipes and the cracker recipe from http://www.organicauthority.com/blog/organic