Here’s two fish recipes that pack a double punch of goodness! They both make use of those delicious fresh pineapples we see in the supermarket around this time of year, plus give you some great flavors that make the seafood really shine.
Pineapple Fried Rice with Shrimp and Cashews
Ease of Preparation: Easy
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup chopped organic sweet onion (Vidalia or Maui work well)
1/2 cup chopped organic red bell pepper
1/2 cup julienned organic carrots
1/2 pound pre-cooked, peeled, and de-veined large shrimp
3 cups chilled cooked rice
1/2 cup organic peas
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons organic Citrus ‘n Herb seasoning, plus additional for finishing. (Or make your own using organic Sesame Seed, organic Orange Peel zest, organic Lemon Peel zest, organic garlic, onion, parsley, coriander, and fennel).
1 cup diced organic pineapple
1/2 cup cashews
1. Put oil in a heavy skillet or wok. Heat over medium high heat. When oil is hot, add onion, red bell, and carrots and cook until tender.
2. Add shrimp. Stir fry until shrimp is hot.
3. Add rice and peas. Using a wooden spoon, break up rice and stir to keep everything moving around in the skillet until it is hot.
4. Push the food to the sides of the skillet so there is a circle in the middle of the skillet. Pour the beaten eggs into the circle and scramble. When the eggs are cooked, stir the rest of the food into the eggs to evenly incorporate.
5. Add soy sauce, Seasoning, pineapple, and cashews. Stir fry for another minute or two more. Sprinkle with a little more seasoning, to taste, just prior to serving.
As prepared, each serving contains 350 calories, 15g total fat, 140mg cholesterol, 850mg sodium, 37g total carbohydrate and 17g protein.
Recipe from: http://www.simplyorganic.com/store.php?Screen=recipe&recipe=2315
Sweet Bourbon Salmon
Sweet Bourbon Marinade:
1/4 cup organic pineapple juice
2 Tlb. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 Tlb. brown sugar
1 tsp. Kentucky Bourbon
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup veg. oil
2-8oz. salmon fillets
2 tsp snipped chives
1. Combine juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, pepper and garlic in med. bowl. Stir to dissolve and add the oil
2. Remove skin from fish. Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour the bourbon marinade over them saving a little to brush on the fish as it cooks. You can use a zipped top storage bag to marinate the fish). Refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 3.
3. Preheat your grill.
4. Cook fish for 5-7 min. per side and regularly brush fish with the marinade. If you choose, grill some pineapple slices as well to use as a topper for the salmon.
5. Arrange fish and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe from: http://www.scribd.com/doc/12790634/Longhorn-Steakhouse-Salmon-Recipe