Organic Blueberry Smoothie
- 6 ounces organic blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Process on pulse for 20 to 25 seconds. Change setting to mix or smoothie for about 10 more seconds, or until smooth.
Recipe from: http://www.mnn.com/food/beverages/photos/5-summer-smoothie-recipes/blueberry-smoothie
Green Goddess Smoothie
1 ½- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
6 cups spinach, chopped
5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
2 stalks of organic celery
1 organic apple, cored and chopped
1 organic pear, cored and chopped
1 organic banana
1–2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice
1/2 cup of organic cilantro
1/2 cup of organic parsley
Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth. Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
Recipe from: Nutritionist Kimberly Snyder’s The Beauty Detox Diet, from version posted at http://www.coldeeze.com/blog/cold-eeze-news/5-delicious-healthy-smoothies-to-try-this-summer
…and here’s one for those that love frozen coffee drinks, but would like to save money and calories!
Frozen Coffee Drink Recipe
(makes 2 medium-sized frozen drinks)
- 4 shots of espresso – or 4 oz. of double-strength brewed organic coffee
- 1/4 cup of organic sugar – or sugar substitute
- 2.5 cups of either whole or 2% organic milk – you can also use your favorite non-dairy milk product, or fat free milk
- 1 tablespoon of pectin, powdered -optional – (a natural thickening agent found with canning supplies)
- At least 2 cups of ice – that’s about 1 cup of ice per drink serving, depending on your blender
- Add all ingredients together in a blender. If your brewed coffee or espresso is still hot, dissolve the sugar or sweetener in the hot coffee first. If you plan to use pectin, combine with sugar or sweetener, and stir mixture prior to pouring it in the blender and adding the ice.
Recipe from: http://www.ineedcoffee.com/03/frap/