What’s better on a hot summer day than a cold, refreshing glass of lemonade? An organic glass of homemade flavored lemonade without all the added ingredients of the packaged or mixed kind!
(Makes 8 cups)
- 5 cups water
- 1 pound strawberries cleaned and stems removed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Juice of 2 limes
- Warm 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot with the honey until well combined.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remainder of the water, the honey water, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Put your strawberries in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Put the strawberries through a fine meshed sieve. You’ll have to stir and press with a spatula to get it through the sieve completely.
- Stir strawberry juice into the pitcher and stir well.
- Chill and serve.
Recipe from: http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-strawberry-lemonade/ Written by:by
Martha Stewart’s Lavender Lemonade
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes, plus cooling
Yield Serves 4
1/2 cup dried lavender
1/2 cup raw organic honey
1. Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from two lemons, leaving white pith behind. Squeeze all of the lemons for 2/3 cup juice and set aside. In a large pot bring 5 1/2 cups of water and zest to a boil over high heat. Stir in the lavender. Partially cover the pot, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place a large strainer lined with cheesecloth or a damp paper towel over another pot or heat-proof bowl. Strain tea, pressing on herbs to extract all liquid. Stir in honey until dissolved. Stir in lemon juice. Let cool completely, about 45 minutes. Fill four tall glasses with ice. Pour tea over ice and serve immediately.
Recipe from: http://www.wholeliving.com/142885/lavender-lemonade
Fresh Peach Lemonade
Makes 8 servings, adapted from cooking light
4 cups water
2 cups coarsely chopped organic peaches
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
4 cups ice
1 peach for garnish, cut into 8 wedges
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. bring to a boil; reduce heat, + simmer for 3 minutes. place peach mixture in a blender; let stand for 20 minutes.
Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. place a clean towel over opening in blender lid. blend until smooth. pour into a large bowl. refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Press peach mixture through a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid + discarding solids. stir in lemon juice. place 1/2 cup ice in each of 8 glasses. pour about 2/3 cup lemonade into each glass; garnish each glass with a peach wedge.