3 kumato tomatoes, sliced
6 oz. balsamic vinegar
6 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced
1/2-3/4 c. fresh Infinite Herbs organic basil leaves
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
coarse sea salt & fresh cracked pepper medley
- In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar and simmer until reduced to half of its original volume and until it becomes thick and slightly syrupy.
- Cool balsamic vinegar reduction until ready to use.
- On individual plates, stack the tomato slices alternating with the mozzarella slices, starting and finishing with a tomato. Each plate should have 4 slices of tomato and 3 slices of mozzarella.
- Sprinkle each tomato/cheese stack with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Drizzle each plate with olive and sprinkle with basil.
- When balsamic vinegar reduction is cooled, artfully drizzle the side of the tomato/cheese stack. Garnish the plate with 2 plump basil leaves.
*Original recipe from Sunset Kumato Tomato Brand