1 c. chopped kumato tomatoes
1 c. chopped organic red onions
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 c. Nutiva Organic Hemp Seeds
3 TBSP Emerald Valley Artisans Pinapple Zucchini
1/2 c. chopped fresh organic basil
1 TBSP white wine vinegar
2 TBSP Pizza Topping
1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients except for flax meal.
- Once blended until smooth, add flaxseed meal by hand.
- Evenly spread mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet; this mixture should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake bread for 40 minutes at 350 Degrees until browning on surface and edges. The bread will be lightly crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
- Cut into fun shapes to make finger sandwiches and serve.
* Cook’s note: This recipe was inspired by the Savory Hemp Bread recipe from Raw Food Recipes. Many of the ingredients were altered from the original recipe and the bread was baked rather than using the raw food method of drying over two days. Please refer to the original recipe for raw food practices. Furthermore, while there are specific ingredients listed (some of which are only regionally accessible), many of the ingredients could be substituted for what is readily available. The white wine vinegar was added as a replacement for lemon juice since it was what was in the pantry.