- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 lb. finely diced Certified Humane Chicken or 1 package (about 12-14 Oz. Size) Organic Nasoya Firm Tofu
- 2 ears of fresh corn (about 1 1/2 c. corn kernels)
- 6 small multi-colored sweet bell peppers
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- Romaine Lettuce Hearts (Romaine leaves can be substituted in a pinch)
- 1 c. organic sprouts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar (optional)
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in small cubed chicken pieces and cook all the way through until the meat is not longer pink from the inside out.
If you choose to take the vegan path (as featured in above image), throw the tofu into the skillet and break it up into very small pieces. Cook tofu for several minutes, until much of the liquid cooks off and tofu starts to turn golden.
While tofu is cooking, finely dice multi-colored sweet peppers.Cut kernels off the cobs of corn and throw it in with the tofu. Cook for a few minutes (corn can remain crunchy)
Add sweet peppers, garlic, chili powder and soy sauce, then cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Turn off heat and stir in sprouts and balsamic if using.
Pile mixture into romaine hearts, wrap up, and enjoy
*recipe inspired by The Pioneer Woman